For best practices and recommendations we refer to:
- The European Environment Agency published a report on Urban adaptation to climate change in Europe with useful information about flood risk management and multilevel governance.
- The GFDDR developed “Cities and Flooding: A Guide to Integrated Urban Flood Risk Management for the 21st Century“, a report aimed at developing countries but also useful in Europe. Chapter 6 of the report (on implementation) presents best practices in flood risk governance.
- The FLOODsite project developed a best practice guide, which provides an ‘easy to read’ introduction to flood risk assessment and management. The main goal of this document is to share FLOODsite’s view on what a comprehensive approach to flood risk assessment and management is, and what it ought to encompass.
- The Water Governance Centre made a summary of the key findings of the IPCC Report “Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation”
- The FLOOD-WISE project developed good practices for cross border cooperation on flood risk maangement
- The following websites also include best practices and recommendations on flood risk governance:
– Water Governance Centre
– Knowledge for Climate and Climate changes spatial planning